Panama Denizcilik Otoritesi Panama Bayraklı gemileri Meksika Körfezi, Campache Koyu ve Tabasco açıklarından geçerken tedbirli olmaları konusunda uyardı. Panama Denizcilik otoritesinin (Panama Maritime Authority General Directorate of Merchant Marine Control and Compliance Department) Temmuz 2020 tarihli ve MMN-12/2020 nolu duyurusu şu şekildedir.
1. The purpose of this Merchant Marine Notice is to communicate that this Panama Maritime Administration strongly encourages all Panama Flag vessels transiting the Bay of Campeche, Gulf of Mexico and the state of Tabasco, in the Republic of Mexico to continue to keep the utmost vigilance and increase security conditions aboard, in case it is necessary to protect the vessel and crew during the time of passage in these waters.
2. After the events occurred during the last six months of 2020, and the recent attack incidents, this Administration strongly recommends to all Shipowners, Operators and Captains of Panama Flag vessels, to exercise extreme caution when operating in this region and to:
a) Follow the relevant guidance provided by BMP5 and the Global Counter-Piracy Guidance; b) Undertake a new ship and voyage specific threat assessment before entering any region where there has been an incident, or if the threat level has changed; c) Hold full and vigilant bridge watches; and strict communications with all vessels coming close.
3. Additionally, we want to remind all Panama Flag vessels transiting the Bay of Campeche, Gulf of Mexico and state of Tabasco, in the Republic of Mexico, to follow the PIRACY Merchant Marine Circulars procedures and recommendations. Also, all Panama Flag vessels under the SOLAS V/19 regulation must comply with LRIT and AIS requirements.
4. This Administration urges all shipowners, operators, Company Security Officers (CSO) and Ship Security Officers to verify that the LRIT System and the AIS work properly at all times, in order to send continuous positions of the vessels.
5. All Panama Flag vessels transiting in these areas are to be expected to comply in accordance with the international requirements related to position reporting, if not, the Panama Maritime Authority may penalize breaches to such provisions according to the national legislation, if they fail to formally report through LRIT and AIS to our Administration at proper times.
6. In case of any incidents or suspicious activities in the area of Mexico, please contact:
Sergio Varela Morales Maritime Security Deputy Director Harbor Master and Maritime Affairs Unit email@example.com +52 (55) 5624 6500 Ext. 1779 www.gob.mx/semar/unicapam)
Héctor Solís Hernández Deputy General Director of Maritime Security and Certification firstname.lastname@example.org +52 (55) 5624 6500 Ext. 1770 www.gob.mx/semar/unicapam)
7. For further assistance and/or inquiries please note the following contact points:
Maritime Ships Security Department (weekdays 08:30-16:30 hrs) Phone: +507-501-5037/5085 E-mail address: email@example.com SEGUMAR Panama (Evenings, Weekends and Holidays) Phone: +507-501-5350/48 or +507-501-5032 E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org